Cooking and eating food that delivers the right nutrition you need in the right amounts doesn’t have to be hard or boring.
Here’s a simple chili recipe that even has beer, chocolate and coffee in it (the coffee bit is missing from the video):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable/olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1kg round steak mince beef
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 500ml bottle stout
- 1 cup black coffee
- 300g tomato paste
- 400ml beef stock
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce/powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 400g tins kidney beans (drained)
- 15g dark chocolate
- Total portions:
- 10 portions protein (300g)
- 10 portions fat (150g)
- 4 portions carbs (160g)
- So divide up the meal in how many portions you require. Place in tubberware and freeze ready for a quick meal.
- Add rice to increase carbs portions.
- Add avocado/olive oil to increase fat portions.
- Add chopped lettuce to increase veg portions.